Unholy Quotables

"With every question he asked, it became clearer that despite any declaration to the contrary, he viewed me as an adversary. Rather than seeking to elicit information, his questioning sought to elicit a conclusion that he had reached before the hearing began."

-Anita Hill (Congress's version of Matt Walsh) on Arlen Specter's questioning of her during the Clarence "is that a pubic hair in my Coke" Thomas

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Evil Disrespectful Tom Brady

From Mike Reiss' blog on boston.com

Brady was asked how he feels about Gibbs' comments that the Redskins will "probably be the biggest underdog in the history of sports" when the teams meet Sunday.

"I think he’s blowing smoke," Brady said. "I promise you that he’s not telling his team that. I’m sure. That sounds like something that Coach Belichick would say so he’s trying to butter us up. You know, it doesn’t work for us. We know what we’re getting ourselves into. We’re playing one of the best defenses in the league and they’ve been in every game this year. They’re 4-2, could easily be 6-0."

Gibbs' response?

"What I was trying to be there was real truthful about it," he said. "What are we now? I don’t know. How many points?"

Told that the point spread had the Redskins around a 16- or 17-point underdog, Gibbs said: "17 or 16? Is that blowing smoke? I would say 17-point underdog, I’d say that’s pretty realistic. And it will probably climb, let’s put it that way. They’re at the top of their game and I think everybody in the world realizes that I wasn’t trying to blow smoke. I was trying to be realistic. I was trying to say, 'hey look, these are what the facts are.' I wasn’t trying to kid somebody; I think that’s the deal."

No comments: